Chlorella is a single-celled, blue-green algae produced by photosynthesis – the natural process by which plants absorb energy from sunlight. Batches of algae multiply naturally and rapidly in pools of pure water. It is harvested at the required density. Chlorella cells have a tough outer wall, which limits the availability of nutrition. Our Chlorella is known as ‘broken cell wall Chlorella’. Its cell walls are broken by a high-impact jet spray process before it is dried and milled to powder. Chlorella is high in Riboflavin (B2) and a source of Zinc, which help to maintain healthy vision and protect cells from oxidative stress.
- Rich in vitamins b12, c & d
- Contributes to immune system support, brain function, cardiovascular health
- Our chlorella is the broken-cell wall variety which allows for greater nutrient absorption
- Our chlorella powder receives minimal processing
- Certified organic by the soil associate and vegan by the vegan society